Needless to say that so far we have managed to resist the urge to "defend" ourselves by arming up!
This week our friend Matt Manning was in Houston on work (and some play time). Matt and I worked together at Petrowell and are still good buddies. It was nice to have our first foreign visitor at the apartment. Matt stayed with us from Friday through until his flight home on Wednesday afternoon. We managed to get some fishing in on Saturday and then Matt and Melissa took Matt-M shooting whilst we went for a sail.
We did okay on Saturday, although we only caught the one fish (a Perch I think?). It was a true team effort as Matt reeled it in on my rod that I had baited and cast.....so in a way we both caught something! As usual at the Texas City Dike you have to watch out for the occasional rogue bow wave from a passing oil tanker that's breaks against the shore.
It was great having Matt to stay - really nice to have a familiar accent near by! Unfortunately (for us) he's headed back home where it is currently snowing....or so I am told!
No comments:
Post a Comment