Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Moving Day!

So last weekend saw the arrival of us at our new apartment!  Laura immediately decided that we should decorate by re-painting a couple of walls that were brown.  As you can imagine I wasn't exactly enthusiastic about it but I have to admit that the places looks a lot better with a change of colour!




We (Laura) decided to paint the walls in the Livingroom and Bedroom a grey colour and the spare room / quilting studio (as it shall now be known!) a turquoise blue colour:



On Monday our shipping container finally arrived with a group of guys all from Puerto Rico to unload it and carry everything up to the second floor (all by stairs).




I can't believe that we didn't even fill the container?!!?  We must have done better than I thought at clearing stuff out before we left!  It was like Christmas getting all of our stuff back.  Though I had no idea that we had so many clothes and shoes!

On Tuesday the Verizon engineer came.  His name was Billy Johnston and was quite the character.  A former surf bum who grew up in California with a Scottish dad who was in the US Air Force and a Japanese mother.  He was admiring the collection of Ukuleles on the wall  so we had an impromptu jamming session - though he was FAR better than me.....


I guess I'll need to get some lessons or something if we're going to continue displaying them!

2 comments:

  1. Bill Johnston...'THE' Telephone man.

    Play golf with him at Mag Creek from time to time...when he's not in the bar. Dude is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the blog, keep it going! Sorry we are so bad at Skype, catch up on sunday?

    ReplyDelete