Friday, January 24, 2014

Snow (?!) day....

There had been loads of talk yesterday about icy weather and hazardous travelling conditions.  Obviously I was gearing up for snow in an Aberdeen style....when we woke up this morning the news was reporting on absolute chaos - lots of closed roads and accidents everywhere.  So, lots of e-mail from work indicating that they would open the facility but that it would be a good idea to stay at home - so that's what we did.

And the chaos they're talking about.....well this is the view from the balcony today:



Yes, it's been raining.....the temperature is near freezing (1 - 2 deg C)......but no ice on the windscreen.  So the whole city has ground to a halt for a bit of rain and cold weather.  I wish we had snow days like this in Aberdeen when I was at school - if we had we could've expected snow days throughout the year (even in June!).

No comments:

Post a Comment